Return to Lowestoft Porcelain index




To see a surname that interests you, click on the name below.

Allen...Balls...Barreton...Bly, Abel...Bly, John...Bly, Philip...Booty
Pottle...Poultney...Powles...Ranolds...Redgrave family...Redgrave, John sen...Redgrave, Mary
Redgrave Martha...Redgrave, John jnr...Redgrave, James...Richmond, Tryphoena...Richmond, Anthony...Rose...Rounce
Stevenson family...Stevenson, John jnr...Stevenson, John sen...Stevenson, William jnr...Stevenson, John son William...Stevenson, William sen
Taylor...Turrell or Tyrell...Williams, Ann...Williams, Deliana...Woods


some of the workmens' cottages in Crown Street, sketched about 1934 by F W Baldwin

The work people are of particular interest because they included women - not only women, but married ones as well, and at a time when women stopped work on marriage, it being assumed that raising children was a full time job, and that employers could not be inconvenienced by absences due to childrens ailments. If you think Walker and Co was a progressive, if small, firm for the day, think again! Women and children were cheap labour, so there was some economic advantage in the exercise!

The factory employed 90 to 100 workers in its heyday: pay was 25 shillings (1 25p) a week for painters, 14 shillings (70p) for skilled workers, and others got 7 to 8 shillings (about 35p) a week. Plain cups sold for 3d (about 1p) and those decorated with a gold rim 6d (just over 2p). Nowadays a Lowestoft Porcelain cup is extremely collectable and you might expect to pay as much as 600 instead of 3d!

Only a few of the workforce are known, partly because there is no actual comprehensive record of employees and partly because the porcelain work was hardly ever signed other than occasionally with a number. (This means that most pieces are attributed to particular workers, but could have been made by others.) Those listed below are therefore a small proportion of the employees, said to have been about 30 or so during the early years and around 100 in later times.

Chaffers listed those he could find out about, and it is on his list that the following is based.

1 Robert ALLEN

Robert was born in 1745 in Lowestoft, and his mother died when he was two. His father did not re-marry, and it is not clear who provided the child care in the family - maybe his aunt, Elizabeth Buckle. He started work at the factory around 1758 when or shortly after it opened. He was put into the painting section and was given the number 5 by which his work could be identified. Although there is no record of an apprenticeship, it is likely that he was apprenticed to the firm. It was about ten years later that he painted a tea service for his aunt, Elizabeth Buckle, maybe as a thank you. A sample of his work is shown on the right.

He was clearly a child showing a natural aptitude for drawing and painting - he was able to write, and presumably, to read - all his known work is in blue. He married Ann Landifield in 1783, but his wife died, probably in childbirth. Before their marriage she seems to have been a decorator at the factory, because a sale ("The Seago Sale") in 1873 listed a coffee jug, "formerly the property of Daniel Landerfield, and made in the factory by an acquaintance of his sister by whom it was decorated". In 1785 he married Tryphoena Richmond, daughter of one of the original owners, James Richmond and his wife, Mary Dixon. They had five daughters of which one, a twin, died in infancy.

According to his grandson, Robert Allen Johnson, (Chaffers reports) he became "foreman of the manufactory. He was thoroughly acquainted with all the processes, superintended under Mr Browne all the mixing of the earths, and assisted him in carrying out his experiments on the hard paste, mixed the colours employed in the decoration, and eventually was manager of the works"

When the firm was nearing its end, and certainly by 1794 he set up a small shop with a kiln where he sold china and stationery. He wrote to James Mottershead, an ex employee, (see below) in 1793 to be reminded of the method of preparing gold for decoration - one would have thought he should know it as foreman, but certainly they had both been involved in the process earlier. Whether the information was required for the China works or for Robert's new venture is unknown.

Robert also developed a great interest in stained glass, and made and donated the east window of the nave of St Margaret's Church, Lowestoft in 1819. In his latter years he was well known for his skills and abilities with stained glass rather than porcelain. Sheena Smith draws parallels in the lettering on the windows in St Margaret's and his decoration of Lowestoft porcelain. He died in 1835, and the window he gave has been replaced by a later one in 1891, but some of it was placed in the south chancel and is still there, also shown on the left.

2 James BALLS

James was listed by Chaffers as a painter, but nothing further is known about him. The parish register shows a James Balls marrying Mary Jones in 1769, and six children were baptised. But there was also another family of Balls - or at least it seems so, for a James Balls was born of James and Mary Balls in 1767 - before the first named were married. It is likely to be a different couple, because the first named couple had a child James in 1771 who did not survive. So three James Balls are possible candidates for the painter post - in my view the most likely is James born in 1771 because of the tendency to employ women and children.

3 Abel BLY

John Bly, who married Letitia Cocks about 1755 who came from Henstead, was the son of John Bly and Eliza Scrutton, and had three boys, John, Philip and Abel, all of whom worked in the porcelain factory - and they lived in Swan Lane, Lowestoft in a house owned by Obed Aldred, where their daughter Mary was also born. Abel, the firstborn, arrived in 1756 but did not join the factory until around 1774, when he became a general workman. Abel married Sarah Shuckfer 30 October 1780 and had a son, called Abel again, in 1782. This Abel talked to Chaffers as an old man around 1860 and also left a written account of what he could remember of the factory.

He records: "I, Abel Bly of Lowestoft was born in (and with the exception of two years) have always lived in Lowestoft; my father's name was Abel Bly who was employed in various departments in the China Factory at Lowestoft. He died when I was 11 years of age, and my two uncles John and Philip Bly also worked there.

The factory was also described, and an excerpt from this account is shown below.

4 John BLY

There were three John Blys we are concerned with, the last two of whom worked at Lowestoft Porcelain. The first John was the one who married Eliza Scrutton and had a son John who was born in Lowestoft in 1756 and was buried in St Margaret's churchyard on 9 Jan 1792 at only 39 years of age This (son) John was employed as a decorator in the factory.

John married Mary Cooper and had a son called John, (in addition to yet another John who died in infancy) who was the second John Bly to work at the factory, first as an apprentice and then as a decorator. It is almost certain that the initials JB 1770 carved into a brick on one of the factory walls was his work! You can see it here He went to Worcester shortly before the factory closed; the Chamberlain (Worcester) record books list him as first employed on 28th September 1799.

As an apprentice at Lowestoft Porcelain he decorated a mug for Mrs Johnson, daughter of Robert Allen, another Lowestoft painter. He left Chamberlains on Jan 22nd 1803 to join the rival factory Flight & Barr. He returned to Chamberlains from March 1808 to the end of 1809. Back working for Flight & Barr again he specialised in painting armorials and is said to have painted the arms on the Lord Amhurst service in 1823 and in 1830 decorated the coronation service for King William IV (now at Windsor.)

A fellow artist recorded: "John Bly, who came from Lowestoft, excelled in shading the gold in Arms, and was unequalled in giving natural expression to the Lion in the Royal Arms or wherever it occurred, and took part in the grand service made for His Majesty King William IV."

While at Worcester, John married Ann Poultney and had a son named...John! He too grew up to decorate porcelain, and was employed as a landscape artist for Worcester Porcelain.

5 Philip BLY

Little is known of Philip, except that he was employed as a carter and he married Ann Margerum on 16 Dec 1766. Chaffers refers to him in error as Joseph, but mentions his occupation later as "Philip Bly, Carter"

6 Mrs BULL

In the Seago collection sale in 1873, it is stated that "figures were painted by Mrs Bull". Mrs Bull, nee Margaret Frary, was the widow of William Bull, (brother to Sarah who married Caleb Aldred below) who married on 2nd May 1734. William had been involved in the purchase of the central part of the Tithe Barn Estate in 1735.
However, Caleb Aldred, brother to Obed, married Sarah Bull, and it may well be a sibling, or her brother William's wife who was the Mrs Bull in question who was employed as the result of her family connections. Of some interest were the witnesses to the marriage licence - Edmind Gillingwater, the local barber and historian, and my from own family Elizabeth Mewse and also the Frary family where I have direct ancestors - Edmund married Margaret's sister Alice.

7 George BUTCHER

The only reference to George is from Chaffers who lists him as a "kiln man" - it is likely that he is the George, the son of George and Susanna Butcher from Aldborough, who married Mary Salmon in Beccles on 9 Nov 1769 and had eight children between 1770 and 1787. It is thought that he was a kiln operative [David Butcher]


John is known to us from the family history researched by James Callow in 1906. He was said to be a decorator at the factory but there appear to be no contemporary records, other than in the parish register, where he is recorded as having four children with Sarah between 1776 and 1786.

There is a blue and white jug marked "William Callow, Ludham 1773" which may provide a family link.


Presumably a painter, (Chaffers records her as "blue painter") but it has not been possible to be more exact. John BLY's wife was a Mary Cooper, and it may be that it was a sister-in-law or even a mother-in-law of his.

10 Thomas CURTIS

Thomas was born on 16th December 1759 and died in 1797, the son of James Curtis, a rope maker and twine spinner, (who came into Lowestoft from Great Yarmouth in 1743). His arrival in town is recorded in the Lowestoft Settlement and Apprenticeship book, 1696-1785 [NSRO 01/13/1/3] and Mary Mewse - another Mewse connection (married 29 July 1748)! He married Sarah Jeffrey, daughter of James Curtis and Mary Rous when she was still a minor on 27th January 1785. They had two children; James and Jeffery, both of whom died in infancy. She died and was buried on 23 May 1797 and he remarried (another minor!) Patience Mann 2 Oct 1797, with whom he had at least two more children

It is thought that he was among a number of children taken on as apprentice enamelers in the early 1770s and in the Manor Court records he is described as a Porcelain Painter. Later, when it was clear that the factory would close, he set himself up as a grocer in Lowestoft, which business was carried on by his son James.

He may have started at a younger age than some, because there is a bell shaped mug, decorated in blue on white, with the inscription "James and Mary Curtis, Lowestoft 1771" and family tradition has it that it was painted by Thomas.

But his primary cause for fame is his floral overglazed enamelled designs of the late 1780s where the colours, according to Godden, are "noticeably full and wet-looking" The designs sometimes included a cornucopia, which is also found on chinese ware meant for the European market, and it is not clear who copied whom!

11 Edward and Jane DINMORE

Dinmore is not a local name, so it seems likely that the brother and sister Edward and Jane were none other than the children of Edward, the soap boiler and chandler who made off with Elizabeth Ranolds (see the section on Philip Walker above), apparently deserting his family. Philip Walker may well have taken them under his wing and provided work for them and perhaps their mother.

Edward was a Methodist and in 1785 was listed as a china maker. In 1787 he has become a "Chinaman"!, but in the late 1790s he is described as a China Painter. His address is given as "Back Side" which presumably meant Back Lane, adjacent to the factory, where he was a tenant of Obed Aldred, according to Obed's will, which can be seen here . He married twice, first to Elizabeth Booty on 19 Nov 1770 and following her death in 1770 to Hannah Woods in 1775. There were at least four children in these families.

Jane was almost certainly working at the factory before she married the potter, William Stevenson, and was back working after her marriage as Mrs Stevenson, being listed by Chaffers as a decorator. She was buried a widow on 9 Aug 1791 aged 46

12 James HUGHES and his son William HUGHES

James, who was born about 1736 married Susanna Browne, daughter of the factory manager, Robert Browne, on 19th Oct 1760, and was a painter at the factory: a fact verified by his licence for marrying which gave his occupation as Porcelain Decorator. Several people have thought that he was a potter, and have pointed to the initials IH in some of the moulded ware, assuming that the I represented a J at that time, but this theory appears now to be uncertain because the form of the signature on the marriage licence closely resembles the writing on a group of inscribed and dated pieces. He may have been a mould maker, but his marriage licence states that he was a "china painter" (a plate attributed to him is shown left) as in the extract below :

Marriage Licence of James Hughes and Susanna Brown
"Know all men by these presents that we James Hughes of Lowestoft in the County of Suffolk, China Painter, and
Obed Aldred of the parish aforesaid, bricklayer, are holden and firmly bound to the worshipful Joseph Atwell......eighteenth day of October thousand seven hundred and sixty. On which day appeared personally James Hughes...and made oath that he is of the age of twenty four years and upwards...... "

He also appears on the marriage licence of 10 July 1769 of Robert Browne and Elizabeth Woodthorpe as a china painter, this time supporting Robert Browne. It therefore seems likely that he was responsible for some of the painting between 1760 and 1769, but does not preclude the possibility that he also made moulds in the early production which would have continued in use for some years.

He and Susannah had six children, four boys and two girls. The penultimate child was William who also worked at the factory: he is described variously as a "modeller" (by Chaffers) and a "Painter" (by Crisp) - he is believed to have gone to Worcester when the factory closed with his wife Ann Williams.

13 Thomas and James MOTTERSHEAD

Chaffers records their surname as Mollershead, but other sources name it as Mottershead and Mortishead. On 7 Aug 1775, Thomas Mottershead married Sarah Dingaderry in Lowestoft, and by November their first child Sarah was born, one of several. Thomas appears to have been employed as a painter before 1775, (although it is possible that later references to Thomas might have been to his son Thomas) He was living in Blue Anchor Lane in one of Obed's houses in 1787, which he surrendered to Thomas Wingfield, a goldsmith, in 1800, according to the manor roll.

James, thought to have been his brother was also a decorator; certainly he was painting at Bow between 1765 and 1767, and appears to have gone to Lowestoft as part of the influx of Bow staff who changed their jobs. He later wrote to Robert Allen from Hanley on Nov 7th 1793:

I received yours dated October 28th on Saturday and have done the best in my power to give you an account of all my methods in the preparation (the process for preparing the gold) as exact as I can which if you follow you cannot mistake....

13a Thomas OLLY

The only record of Thomas Olly is in the court baron records where he is admitted to a messuage divided into three tenements owned copyhold by Robert Browne. His function in the factory is unknown.

14 Richard PHILIPS

This individual has been a problem to research. It seems likely that he was baptised 6 Mar 1744, the son of James and Elizabeth, but his role in the porcelain works is hard to establish. The painting of the bowl on the right is attributed to him, and has the mark 3 under the footrim. Dated 1764, painted in underglaze blue, the bowl shows St Margaret's Church in Lowestoft. There is also a mug, with his name under the return at the base of the handle, but it is uncertain that this is a signature. The outstanding characteristics of his work include a fisherman with a cross shpe for bait and curious trees rather similar to feather dusters.

Godden states that he used No 3 mark, because a mug with his name under the bottom of a handle identifies the vessel as his work, along with the "3", but Smith seeks to attribute the piece to James Hughes, suggesting that Richard assisted James in the decoration. It is also suggested by Smith that he left the factory at the end of the 1760s to become an independent pocelain decorator. All that can be certain is that he was an emloyee; the rest has to be conjecture.

15 Richard POWLES

Richard was the son of Thomas Powles and Amy Diston, born 15 Dec 1763 in Lowestoft. According to his obituary (he was buried on 31 Dec 1807) he started work as a boy at the china factory (to support his mother, says the obituary), where he remained until he was "grown up". His natural ability in figure drawing and artistry was recognised and used well in the factory, where he seemed to specialise in overglaze decoration, although several pieces of underglaze blue are attributed to him. He is said to have joined his maternal uncle in Denmark in about 1784 but one of his dated drawings show he was in Lowestoft in the same year and again two years later. Certainly he oscillated between Lowestoft and Denmark for several years.

He married on 17 Feb 1787 Deliana Williams, the daughter of David Williams and Hannah Chambers (Hannah was probably, but not certainly, related to Jane Smith Chambers who is mentioned below under Mrs Simpson) . They went back to Denmark where their first two boys was born. John Diston was the first child and he grew up to become a successful entrepreneur in London, but the second, Thomas, baptised on 4 May 1789 in Helsingor, Fredriksborg, was buried in Lowestoft 2nd January 1792 The baptism of their third boy Richard took place in Lowestoft in 1791. Eventually they moved to London where Richard Powles became a merchant and a further six boys were added to the family!

He was an artist of considerable ability and his water-colour paintings include one of Lowestoft High Street, and several illustrations in Gillingwater, with whom he corresponded from Denmark, and supported by being a subscriber to his "History of Lowestoft". He even made a detailed drawing of "The North View of Kirkley Haven and part of Lake Lothing" on, of all days, his wedding day!

Nor was this the limit of his talent. He published an account of Tycho Braye's observatory in the "Gentleman's Magazine" in 1788 as well as an account of the origin of the name "Lothingland". He also provided the Admiralty with charts of the sea around Elsinour, Denmark. For a boy who started work so very young, at about 8 years old, he was remarkably erudite.

His obituary concludes with " Tread lightly on his ashes, ye men of feeling for he was your brother: and ye men of genius for he was your kinsman"

16 The REDGRAVE Family

The earliest record of the Redgraves is at the Bow porcelain factory, London, where James Redgrave was employed between 1747 and 1752. It is probable that he is the father of John Redgrave, born about 1721 and who came to Lowestoft having married Mary (surname unknown) around 1770.

The Redgraves are famous for their style of landscape in a fairly stylised oriental manner, and there is a deal of porcelain which can be attributed to one or another of the family between 1775 and 1790. Godden believes that the so-called Redgrave designs were "painted by the female Redgraves or the children, for without intending to be disrespectful, the designs were quite simple repetitive ones, requiring no special training or particular talent."

16a John REDGRAVE, senior

John was born about 1721 and was probably with the factory from almost its start. It is thought by Godden that he used the mark "2" on his work. John married on 26 May 1760 Mary Lain who was christened on 17 May 1737 in Lowestoft and was buried on 28 Nov 1763. They had three children, Samuel, Mary and John. John Senior then remarried to Mary Shouldham on 19 Feb 1765 in Oulton, and they had eight children, Martha, John, Edmund, Susannah, John, and James. Martha, John and James all worked in for Walker & Co in the china factory , and it is quite possible that the remaining child to survive infancy, Edmund, also did so, although there is no record of him. (And the wives of John and James also are shown to have been decorators.) A sample of his work in underglaze blue is on the right.

John remained with Walker & Co for all his working life, and he died in December 1801. Whether he retired before his death is not known.


Mary was born 9 Nov 1761 and died young, aged 33, in 1795. Since she was employed as a Redgrave, it would be in the period before she married John Liffen in 1785.

There is a birth tablet existing for Mary (and this is the source for the date, since there is no record in the Parish register), thought to be made well after her birth, and her death too is commemorated on the back of her daughter Martha's tablet thought to have been painted by Robert Allen - you can see it here. Her granddaughter told Chaffers that she was a decorator, which was confirmed by a niece, Ann Rounce, who said that her aunt "used to decorate the china " and she often "used to see her paint"

Mary is yet another link to the family, for a descendant, Mary Ann Liffen married William James Mewse in Lowestoft in 1873. A more tenuous connection to me!

16c Martha REDGRAVE

Martha was born in 1765, and she too died young as Mrs Gall aged 35, having had four children. Chaffers reports a "Margaret" Redgrave as an employee painter, but there was no Margaret and it is thought he mistook Margaret for Martha. The picture on the right shows a typical Redgrave "Two bird" design.


John, as James his brother below, married into on of the families working at the factory: in John's case, the Stevenson family, with both husband and wife Ann (daughter of William Stephenson and Jane Dinmore) continuing work at Walker & Co.

John, who was baptised 3 Jul 1775 and Ann (born 14 Nov 1769) had four children - all girls - between 1794 and 1799. Two, Ann (born 4 Nov 1795 - see the birth tablet right) and Jane (born in 1799 in Lowestoft), survived. Spelman states that he went to Worcester when the firm closed, perhaps with his brother James below, and this is confirmed by the christening of their last four children in St Helena, Worcester, the first being born in 1802.

16e James REDGRAVE

James was baptised 17 Aug 1778, the youngest child of John Redgrave and Mary. H married Mary Bly, daughter of John Bly and Mary Cooper. Again, both husband and wife are shown as employees by Chaffers.

There was issue of this union, but little else is known of either of them, except that he is listed as a flower painter.

17 Thomas ROSE

An interesting story about Thomas was recorded by Llewellyn Jewitt, writing in "The Art Journal" in 1863.

A French refugee of the name of Rose, one of the cleverest of the French porcelain painters, found his way to Lowestoft and was engaged by the company. He became the principal, and by far the best of the artists employed, and probably introduced the rose more generally, in allusion to his name, than would otherwise have been done....He was an aged man when he came to Lowestoft, and he remained at the works till his eyesight failed him, and he became very poor. A subscription was entered into, and a couple of donkeys to help him carry water in the town purchased, and thus he passed his last few years.

A nice story, but it seems a little unlikely - there was a Thomas Rose who had married Ann and their child was christened in 1778, so it seems that if Thomas was an old man when he came to the town, he had little time to make sufficient impact for public support in his dotage. The story purported to have come from the widow of Thomas' son Thomas.

The Rose family is a well known one in Lowestoft, traceable to the late 1500s, and it seems far more likely that our Thomas was one of these, although it must be said that there is no baptismal record for him.

It is possible that he was the Tulip painter, whose identity is unknown, but this is pure conjecture.


Almost certainly the Jane Smith Chambers (perhaps related to Deliana Williams' mother) who married William Simpson 3 Sep 1778. Her brother John was married to Philip Walker's daughter Mary. Jane was baptised in 1755, the youngest daughter of William Chambers and Susanna Sallows who had nine children; five girls and four boys

There seems to have been a connection to Richard Powles and his wife Deliana Williams, for one of William and Janes children was named Elizabeth Williams Simpson and another Deliana Powles Jones Simpson. Or perhaps they were just good friends.


Son of Matthew and Mary Sparham, baptised in June 1758, John was listed by Chaffers as an "artist", and probably started work at the China Factory around 1770 when he was 12. He married Susan Mullinder in Dec 1783, and had two boys, John and William before he died in 1785/6 (the last was baptised after John's death)

20 The STEVENSON family

Five of the Stevensons were employed at the factory, probably covering the whole period of production. There were two Johns - father and son who are now described as Senior and Junior. There was marriage between two of the other families working: the Dinmores and the Redgraves. (qv)

20a John STEVENSON Senior

John was born in Staffordshire around 1720, and was working for one of the local potteries when he married Sarah Shaw in about 1746. William was their first child, born in Wolstanton, Staffs in 1747, but between then and 1750 the family had moved to Bow, London, where John was employed by the Bow Porcelain factory (where another child, Ann was buried in 1750, and another son John Junior was born Nov 1752) until 1757 when they all went to Lowestoft, probably as the result of quiet recruitment by Robert Browne.

Chaffers lists John Senior as a "modeller", although this may not have meant a designer so much as a potter. He and Sarah appear to have had only three children, the two survivors both working for Walker & Co. He died aged 57 and was buried on 3 Sep 1777 at St Margaret's Lowestoft.

20b William STEVENSON, Senior

Staffordshire born William was almost certainly like his father, John Senior, employed at Lowestoft Porcelain from the time the factory opened, and this must have been the place he met his wife, Jane Dinmore whom he married on 16th July 1767. He was described by Chaffers as a "finisher" - the modern term might well be a "fettler", who is a person who takes all the rough edges off cast pots in the biscuit stage. Like John, there are two Williams, father and son, who worked at the factory.

William and Jane had nine children, 4 boys and 5 girls before he was buried aged 35 on 11 Dec 1782 and Jane survived another nine years. Three of their children worked at Walker & Co: William junior, Ann and John (called "the third" to differentiate)

See their house here

20c John STEVENSON Junior

Born in 1772, John married Susanna Barreton 29 Dec 1788 at St Margarets Church, Lowestoft. They both decorated at the factory, and there were two boys born of the union - both called John - who both died in infancy. John was buried at 31 years old on 10 Mar 1783, and Ann remarried in 1788 to Anthony Richmond, thought to be the son of James Richmond, one of the original entrepreneurs.

20d William STEVENSON, Junior

This William was the Stevenson referred to in the Methodist records as a "Chinaman" (along with Edmund Dinmore) in 1796 and 7. He left Lowestoft and went to Worcester where he was employed by Chamberlain's. His younger brother John accompanied him, along with Ann Redgrave their sister, John Redgrave, John Bly and Sarah Stevenson. The latter may have been William's sister or his wife, Sarah Ann, whom he married as a widow, nee Garland, on 15 Aug 1797.

20e John STEVENSON (son of William)

John was baptised on 30 Apr 1771, and thus it would be the mid 1780s before he went to work at the factory. He stayed long enough to become a potter, and then went to Worcester with his brother William (above)

21 Timothy TURRELL or TYRELL

The only intimation we have of this individual's occupation is from the catalogue of an exhibition held at Lowestoft - no 13 page 4 was described as "Worcester cup, painted by an artist named Turrell formerly in the Lowestoft factory and presented to Mr R Allen of the Lowestoft Factory - Mr W Johnson (the lender)" It is likely that the W Johnson mentioned was the grandchild of Robert Allen.

go to chapter 3

Special thanks to Olwen, researching Deliana Williams and her family, who has provided new information about the Powles and Chambers families, and to John Griffiths for information on Mrs Bull.

Richard Green 2008

Return to Lowestoft Porcelain index

Return to

Aldred branchBly BranchLiffen branch Mewse branch