Return

MARION ELIZABETH BROWN's story

This account has been adapted from "Browns of Kyeburn Peninsula" by Wally Brown - to whom many thanks



Marion was a schoolteacher at Hawea Flat until she and Ian were married in 1956. They lived in Dunedin for two and a half years where Ian was a carpenter for the Otago Education Board. In 1959 they bought the Shell Service Station at Cromwell where they both worked until 1972 when Ian stood for Parliament and became Labour MP for Central Otago.

In 1976 he began travelling for Dominion Breweries (South Island) operation then in 1977 they moved back to Dunedin. Ian was sales manager at DB Otago while Marion worked at Cash Wholesalers until they moved back to Timaru where she took a job with Trust Bank. She retired from there when they moved back to Dunedin in 1987. They then lived at 55 Ellesmere Court Ravensbourne, Dunedin, and finally moved again to Timaru where Ian is still working for DB. They have one son

Return